Monday, March 19, 2007

Milestones

I got a freelance script assignment for an episode of the show I work on, which I've been working on last weekend and this weekend. Today--by which I mean Sunday, not literally today, Monday--I finished the first draft of my script. There will be notes from the showrunners, and notes from the network, and changes in the room, so it's far from done, but today is still a big day. I just finished the first draft of my first real professional television script.

Also, my birthday was on Friday and I am now twenty-seven years old. Lately my age has become harder for me to remember. Partly this is because I was writing various scripts in which I would create characters a year older than me, and then catch up to them while I was writing; partly this is because I made my MySpace age one year older as a joke and to confuse people, but eventually started to feel like I really was that age. So I keep feeling like I'm turning twenty-eight, and I have to remind myself that that's not the case. I realize this sounds idiotic.

--

8 comments:

Simon said...

Congratulations. I hear it often said that getting the first one is the hardest, much like losing your virginity.

Nice to see a Squelcher making progress.

matt said...

Hooray Kenny.

I've been forgetting my age since I was 27. I think it has more to do with being in your late 20s, where ages are less meaningful.

Tommaso Sciortino said...

Congrats. I didn't really expect you to be so successful so soon in a field infamous for it's cruelty. That's not to say I didn't think you had what it takes. I knew it fromt he moment I saw you write the mexi-physics article from a thinnest of prompts.

Jaime J. Weinman said...

Wow, this is amazing unexpected news -- shows still hire freelancers.

I'll add my congratulations. Good to see a good writer like you getting a break. Also proving that blogging is not a career-killer even if it ought to be.

Lydia said...

Congrats! First my bridesman, now this! Must be a great year to be Kenny ;)

Kelley said...

Very Exciting! Congratulations! You'll have to tell us when it airs so we can all tune in...ok, we should be watching every week...I know...but in that case, we should set the VCR to record it...

Todd VanDerWerff said...

Congratulations, man. Impressive to say the least (and sorry I'm so late to the party!).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations (and happy birthday).

-Sean