Friday, November 17, 2006

By The Way

The big news in my life right now, and a significant factor in my lack of blogging lately, is that I got a writers' assistant job on a new show. I've been holding back on mentioning it, because apparently the way I express excitement is to act like something is no big deal, lest the source of the excitement somehow disappear and leave me feeling stupid and vulnerable. A simpler way of putting it might be that I am the sort of person who is afraid of jinxing things.

I think I also do this because for some reason I imagine it seems more modest, although I've been told that it actually makes me appear ungrateful and entitled.

But I've been working on the show for a week now, so I might as well admit it. While I hope and expect that the show will get picked up and continue, it's TV, so you never know, and I guess I should tell people about it sooner rather than later so I have more time to enjoy it.

It's a small staff, I like the people I work with, I laugh all day, and I'm free to pitch my own ideas into the ring. It's amazing how fun this job is.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. -W

Anonymous said...

What show is it so that we can truly be excited? And CONGRATULATIONS!

lydia said...

ROCK ON. Also, CAST ME.

<3

Tommaso Sciortino said...

Kenny's domination of the writing industry begins in earnest.

Sumana said...

YYYYAAAAYYYY

Kid Fabulous said...

Wooo hooo!

lyan! said...

Cool. Take back television!

Mollynonymous said...

Congrats! And what is a writer's assistant?

PS: May we look forward to another Christmas letter, if you are so busy with your fancy new job?