Saturday, September 02, 2006

Farmer Extremely Unhelpful

Tom! The guy who played Bus Driver Stu on Pete & Pete is in a Washington Mutual commercial. He's with a bunch of the old white men who represent rich, out-of-touch bankers. They're in a hospital, where the black guy who once played Elaine's J. Peterman co-worker on Seinfeld shows up as the Washington Mutual spokesman. He proposes some Washington Mutual policy that's presumably sensible and convenient for bank customers but unprofitable for greedy old bankers. Bus Driver Stu, who may or may not be one of the greedy old bankers, yells, "Look, it's Doctor Bad Idea!!"

3 comments:

Tommaso Sciortino said...

Thanks for the tip. I have been enjoying that comercial and Bus driver Stu's part in it for quite some while.

matt said...

I couldn't find this commercial on You Tube, but I did find this one, which is also very funny:

youtube.com/watch?v=laot_Eomr3s

My favorite part is "Guess I'm havin' tea."

Tommaso Sciortino said...

I think that part works becuase you really don't expect them to get that violent in a commercial. Congrats Wamu!