Monday, June 26, 2006

Soapy

So there's this dying fucker on Days of Our Lives who has some disease that's killing him slowly with no visible symptoms aside from being an annoying asshole.

He's been dying all year, milking his fucking sympathy card for far more than it's worth. At first he kept it a secret, and tried to get this other guy (his wife's former sweetheart) to agree to marry his wife after he's dead. This was awkward, to be sure.

Then, finally, Dying Asshole appeared to die in a car crash, and the former sweetheart and the wife did rekindle their romance and get married. And no sooner do they marry then Dying Asshole reveals he's still alive, but still dying. So he spoils the wedding so everyone can pity him some more. Selfish, selfish, selfish. Just fucking die, already. No one cares. If I were his loved one it would be all I could do not to just stab him.

9 comments:

matt said...

I don't know what I find most objectionable about this post: (1) the revelation that you watch Days of Our Lives, (2) the fact that you're so shocked and upset by an overly melodramatic plotline on a soap opera, or (3) the introductory "So."

Anonymous said...

I like Jack better than Frankie anyways. LOL

Sarah said...

You don't watch "Passions," too, do you? Not that I'm asking because I occasionally watch it or anything...

The Cavalier said...

I used to love Days in college. Are Bo and Hope together or apart now?

Zembla said...

I object most to the "So", personally.

I'm most surprised to learn that the Cavalier reads your blog.

Anonymous said...

Days?! What happened to you?

Kenny said...

Stephanie watches Days occasionally, so I end up seeing it too.

Bo and Hope are having problems because Bo's trampy daughter sabotaged things by somehow creating the impression that Bo was unfaithful.

Mel said...

hehe it sounds like you really dislike dying fuckers...

krz said...

I love days, but it is really cheezey