Wednesday, August 31, 2005

No More Rooms

There's a little cafe on Westwood called Rooms that I've been meaning to check out for ages. It's tucked away in a little corner and it's got these cool sloped windows in front.

I finally went there today to write and it's really cool. All different mixed-up kinds of old furniture and plenty of electric outlets and tons of atmosphere and character and today was the last day they're open. After today it's closing and moving somewhere else. The young Japanese woman who runs it hasn't decided where yet, but wherever it will be can't possibly be as cool as the location where it is now.

I'm glad I got a chance to see it before it was too late, but it's still totally lame that they're moving. Maybe it's better that I never got too attached.

No comments: