Friday, August 12, 2005

I Am Making Another Burger

It is sizzling in the pan at this very moment.

And I am pretty sure the toaster is fixing to burst into flame on a day in the near future. I turned down the heat this time and watched as a steady stream of smoke wafted from the top of the toaster. I waited a bit and finally popped the bun out without waiting for the toaster to finish. Already the bun was burning hot, even though I licked my fingertips before touching it.

Yes, it is going to be like one of those toasters in movies that belches fire as the character who is bad at cooking (me) flails about incompetently, trying to keep the house from burning down.

I just interrupted my post to go serve up the burger. It is ready. The bun is a little burnt--I think the smoke may have had something to do with the top bun being too big and touching the edges, but I think it also has to do with the toaster heating wheat products to the flash point of matter.

1 comment:

Sumana said...

http://www.xorph.com/nb/nb.cgi/view/nfd/2005/08/09/0

More toaster-related blog madness.