Sunday, July 03, 2005

This Is Bad

So we have some new neighbors, at last filling one of the two vacant apartments in our building, and they have a stupid little dog that really needs to shut the eff up. I'm walking to our door from the parking space and the thing pipes up and starts barking at me, and I totally freak out because even though I know they have a dog, it's started barking from the open window two feet from me and I had no idea. And now I'm inside and it still hasn't stopped.

It's not a yappy dog. It's small, but it's just big enough to have an actual bark. Our other annoying neighbors have a dog, too, but it's miraculously quiet. I only ever see it when they walk it, and I don't know that I've ever heard it. This awful new thing, I have heard walking by their window before, albeit in less startling doses. You know it is bad news when you first learn that a neighbor owns a dog through your sense of sound and not your sense of sight. I am continuing to hear it now. I am rapidly forming an opinion that this mutt should die sooner rather than later.

5 comments:

Tommaso Sciortino said...

My roommate's brother came over and brought his dog. Even though Iv'e been pretty clear that dogs are not a "in my house" type thing. Though they're fine if they stay outdoors.

Seriously though, who brings their dog with them when they visit a firneds house?

matt said...

Could be worse. They could have a screamy baby, like our neighbors.

Meli said...

I find the dog much worse than the screamy baby. THe screamy baby screams at predictable intervals, such as the time when you would assume babies are being put down for naps. It's a lot less annoying than our upstairs neighbor, who frequently chooses 11:30pm (or later) to move furniture in the room above our bedroom.

Meli said...

...And that's not even mentioning the hideousness of the Section 8 neighbors who aren't even in our building, yet still manage to be the worst neighbors ever.

lyan! said...

my neighbors have an annoying dog too. It's not that it barks, which it does, but I assume its like a type of bloodhound or something, but it moans nearly nonstop every morning and all morning. I usually start feeling bad, then after 10 minutes I start getting annoyed, then I start thinking of horrible things I could do to make it stop.