Wednesday, May 04, 2005

This Time, It's Personal

My second semester at USC draws to a close. Shocking how fast the time has gone by. I'm halfway to getting spit back out into the world to fend for myself, except this time I'll have enormous debt and monthly payments to worry about.

Hope to get some serious scriptwriting done this summer. I'll also be doing some comedy writing for a small local talk show with the guy who hosted The Yesterday Show, which I worked on last summer. That late-night monologue a few posts ago was the joke sample packet I submitted, in case you were wondering.

Stephanie and I are preparing for our trip to Japan, take two. Having some frustration making the last of our non-Tokyo accomodation reservations, partly because we've put it off for so long.

4 comments:

lyan! said...

Of course I went in the winter, when no one wants to go, but is it harder to book in the late spring/summer? Hmm..

Anyway, if you want some suggestions, let me know.

Kenny said...

Right now we're looking for accomodations for one or two nights in Kyoto and Hiroshima. We're fine with ryokans or hotels, but Stephanie prefers not sharing bathrooms. We tried this one ryokan in Kyoto but they were booked, and we tried this hotel in Hiroshima but their online reservations were down. So we're still working on that.

lydia said...

I assume everyone wants to go to Japan in the Spring (I do!), and summer is a popular travelling time in general.

Japan. I'm jealous of both of you.

lyan! said...

it'll cost more for a ryokan in kyoto, but it'll be incredible I'm sure. In hiroshima, just get any hotel. due to the.. ahem.. previous irradication. Most everything there is ultra-modern, so your bound to find a nice hotel. I really felt a negative vibe there the day I went (mostly due to my royal hangover coupled with how bad I felt) so I went back to Himeji where I was staying instead of staying in Hiroshima.