Thursday, May 05, 2005

House of Buggin'

Our bathroom has a gnat problem. Lately we've been seeing gnats frequently, no more than one or two at a time, whenever we use the bathroom. It started slow. A gnat every once in a while. But now it's every time. And yesterday we started to keep count of how many we've killed, so we know when we're not dealing with recurring gnats. Stephanie and I killed a total of... I forgot already. But yesterday we had a combined total in the 13-15 range. Today I've killed eight already, and that's just me. When I first went into the bathroom this morning I killed five in a row.

They must be spawning somewhere, but where?

Update (4:00): Went to the bathroom again. Today's tally is now 12.

Update (5/9): Thanks to Tommaso for the bleach suggestion. After the first couple of bleach pours the gnats were noticeably down, but not out. At this point I'm afraid to say they're gone, but I haven't seen one in awhile. Also, there are green bleach stains around the rim of our drain, but it's a small price to pay.

3 comments:

lydia said...

talk about gnatty dread(s).

heh.

but seriously, reading that post made my skin crawl. I'm sick of killing bugs too.

Tommaso Sciortino said...

Check the trash (obviosuly) but also pay attention to standing water in the sink drains. Pour some bleach down there. Kill those suckers.

Tommaso Sciortino said...

The Co-ops have taught me well.